WordPress Ecommerce Essential
WordPress is a free, open-source content management system (CMS) used by more than 60 million websites, written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB database. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system, referred to within WordPress as Themes. WordPress was originally created as a blog-publishing system but has evolved to support other types of web content including online stores.
This intensive 2-day WordPress Ecommerce course will equip learners with practical WordPress building methodology and strategies, and it covers the fundamentals of WordPress ecommerce, from creating pages, creating posts, to selecting and installing plugins.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Examine the user experience components to build a WordPress store
- Analyse the legal requirements and guidelines to create WordPress store
- Develop implementation plans in accordance to the WordPress store marketing activities
- Evaluate the technical and user experience of the WordPress website
Target Audience (Supervisory And Managerial)
The job role(s)/occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include all occupations in all industries. Some example are Sales and Marketing, Business Development.
Assumed SkillsLearners must:
- Be able to operate a personal desktop computer.
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualifications (“ES WSQ”) Workplace Literacy (“WPL”) level 5.
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES WSQ WPL level 5.
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES WSQ Workplace Numeracy (“WPN”) level 5.
- Have knowledge of the basic concepts of Digital Marketing.
Instructional Method- Lecture, Demonstration, Practical exercises & Case study
1. WordPress Store Complete Configuration Settings
- Introduction of WordPress Content Management System
- Configure WordPress Site Setting
- Manage WordPress Plugins
- Manage WordPress Themes
2. WordPress Website Design & Legal Requirement Guideline
- Copyright and IP legislation
3. Develop Implementation Plans For WordPress Store Marketing
- Manage Posts and Pages
- Manage Categories and Tags
- Manage Menu
- Create schedule for content
- SEO for WordPress
4. Evaluate WordPress Website To Establish Metrics On Technical And User Experiences
- Google Analytics for WordPress
SkillsPortal.sg Recommended Book
WordPress for Beginners 2021: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering WordPress
Master WordPress using our proven step-by-step visual approach (over 330 screenshots). This book is a major new release for 2021, covering the latest version of WordPress. If major changes do occur to WordPress during 2021, you can visit our updates web page for details, so you can always be up to date.
Building a beautiful, professional-looking WordPress website (or a blog) is no longer the computer geeks' domain. WordPress makes it possible for anyone to create and run a website that looks great on any device - PC, Mac, tablet, and phone. Whether you want to build a business site, an affiliate site, a hobby site, or a blog, WordPress is a great choice, and this book shows you how.
Click on the image below to buy on Amazon (open to a new window/tab)
MCES: Singaporean age 40 and above
Normal: Singaporean/PR age 21 and above
SME: Singapore registered companies with
(i) at least 30% local sharing AND
(ii) group annual sales less than or equal to $100 million OR group employment size less than or equal to 200 people.