The Glocal Business Landscape: Navigating a Multicultural Environment to Promote Workplace Diversity and Cooperation
3 Jun 2019 to 2 Jun 2025EVALUATE THE IMPORTANCE AND CHALLENGES OF MULTICULTURALISM AND GLOCALISATION
- Examine the international business landscape and key considerations supporting workplace diversity
Review the state of multiculturalism and glocalisation in today’s business environment
Reflect on the importance of cross-cultural diversity at work
Discuss the challenges of working with diverse colleagues, customers, business partners and stakeholders
- Review how culture influences thoughts, emotions and behaviour, and their resultant impact on individuals, business and society
Recognise the three levels of human mental programming
Understand how culture affects the way people think, feel and act
ANALYSE CULTURAL DIFFERENCES AND DEVELOP STRATEGIES TO MANAGE DIVERSITY AND ENHANCE COOPERATION
- Analyse the seven dimensions of culture to foster rapport and enhance business relationships
Do your foreign counterparts value rules over relationships?
Do they typically perform better in teams or as individuals?
Is there a veil that masks their true emotions, and does it matter?
How do they segregate their personal and work life? Should you disrupt that?
How would they define success? Are they keen to prove themselves?
What is their orientation towards time management?
Do they desire to have control over their environment? Are you seen as interfering?
- Develop strategies with codes of practice to manage diversity and cross-cultural cooperation
Compare three different approaches to managing cultural differences
Synthesise the different dimensions of culture to develop specific strategies to support diversity and promote intercultural relationships
ADJUST PERSONAL AND LEADERSHIP STYLE THROUGH ETIQUETTE AND COMMUNICATION FOR IMPROVED BUSINESS OUTCOMES
- Adjust interpersonal style and apply principles of etiquette for effective communication in cross-cultural social and business contexts
Adjust individual bias and accountabilities for contributing to a diverse and cooperative work environment
Combine universal principles of effective communication to manage more effectively at work
Apply key principles of business and social etiquette to connect better with others
Adapt meeting and greeting etiquette to project the correct first impressions
- Lead in managing relationships and communicating expectations to leverage diversity for improved individual, team and organisational outcomes
Communicate expectations of cross-cultural awareness as a leader and manager
Manage interpersonal and intercultural relationships to promote positive outcomes for individuals, teams and the organisation
Diffuse interpersonal conflicts and seek to prevent potential miscommunication
TAKE ACTION CHALLENGE – YOUR ACTION PLAN AND INSPIRATION FOR TRANSFORMATION
Full Fees : $388.80
Singaporeans > 40 years old : $136.80
PRs / Singaporeans < 39 years old : $208.80
Course Funding Period : 3 Jun 2019 to 2 Jun 2025
Course Code : TGS-2019503467