Provide Infant Care Massage
To equip therapists and mum-to-be with knowledge and application skills to provide infant massage at a spa or massage establishment.
At the end of the course, learners should be able to meet the following objectives: -
Carry out pre-treatment activities –
Consult with infant’s parent/caregiver –
Perform infant massage –
Carry out post-treatment activities
What you will learn
- Project professional image, ensure a safe and hygienic workplace, provide a suitable environment for the infant massage treatment.
- Consult with infant’s parent/caregiver to confirm suitability for treatment including contraindication, benefits & effects, review & update client profile.
- Carrying out visual assessment of infant to identify body conditions.
- Selecting an appropriate baby massage oil.
- Learn the elements of bonding in infant massage (direct eye contact, sense of smell, soothing voice, affectionate tactile stimulation and synchronised breathing).
- Types and effects of infant massage routine encompassing three traditions (Indian milking, Swedish massage and reflexology).
- Suitable after care advice to sustain the effects of treatment.
- Obtaining feedback and reinstating work area.
After SkillsFuture Funding:
$157.25 for Singaporeans 40 years old and above.
$242.25 for Singaporeans between 21-39 years old
Full Fees : $454.75
MCES / Singaporeans > 40 years old : $157.25
PRs / Singaporeans < 39 years old : $242.25
Course Code : TGS-2022013712
Course Funding Period : 19 May 2022 - 30 Sep 2023