E-Commerce Campaign Management ( ICDL Digital Marketing)
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand key concepts of digital marketing, including advantages, limitations and planning
- Understand various web presence options and how to select appropriate keywords for search engine optimisation
- Recognise different social media platforms, and set up and use common platforms.
- Understand how effective social media management assists in promotion and lead generation.
- Use a social media management service to schedule posts and set up notifications.
- Understand various options for online marketing and advertising, including search engine, e-mail and mobile marketing.
- Understand and use analytics services to monitor and improve campaigns.
1.Digital Marketing Concepts
- Understand the term Digital Marketing.
- Define different elements of digital marketing like: content marketing, social media marketing, e-mail marketing, mobile marketing, affiliate marketing, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimisation (SEO), display advertising, analytics
- Identify typical goals when using digital marketing like: increased brand awareness, lead generation, sales generation, informing customers, improved customer service, direct customer engagement, generating traffic.
- Understand the advantages of digital marketing like: more cost effective, easier to track and measure progress, larger demographic reach, higher engagement compared to traditional marketing, catering to mobile customers.
- Understand the limitations of digital marketing like: lack of face-to-face interaction, can be obtrusive, time commitment to manage it professionally, may not be suitable for your product.
- Recognise the main legal and regulatory obligations when digital marketing in your country.
- Understand the main elements of a digital marketing strategy like: alignment to business goals and marketing objectives, identification of target audience, analysis of competitors, selection of appropriate platforms, planning and creation of content, allocation of budgets, reporting.
- Recognise the need for a consistent online presence in line with corporate identity and design.
- Recognise types of content used to drive traffic and enhance engagement like: infographics, meme, videos, guides, product reviews, testimonials, lists, whitepapers.
- Understand the importance of having policies and access controls in place for staff using company digital marketing accounts.
2.Digital Marketing Concepts
Web Presence Options
- Understand possible web presence solutions like: business directory, social media, information website, blog, e-commerce website, mobile site, web application, mobile application.
- Outline the typical steps to create a web presence like: register an appropriate website address, register with a website hosting service, design and build your site, promote your site.
- Understand the term content management system (CMS).
- Understand the main parts of a website like: homepage, company and contact information, news, services/product description, search, e-commerce facility, sitemap.
- Understand website design terms like: user interface (UI), user experience (UX), responsive design, accessibility, performance optimisation, browser compatibility.
- Recognise good practice in creating website content like: audience focused, clear and concise, use of keywords, consistent branding, quality images and videos, regularly updated.
- Recognise various methods for promoting a website like: social media, online advertising, inbound links, e-mail marketing, submitting your website to an engine, e-mail signature, physical marketing materials.
Search Engine Optimisation
- Understand the term search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Understand the term keyword. Create a list of keywords which can be used when optimising content for a website, social media platform.
- Understand the terms page title, URL, description tag, meta tag, headings, alternative text and their importance for SEO.
3.Social Media Start Up
Social Media Platforms
- Understand the term social media platform and identify the main uses of some common platforms.
- Understand common social media marketing campaign elements like: choosing appropriate platforms for target audience, planning and creating suitable content, tracking campaign, evaluating campaign performance.
Social Media Accounts
- Understand the term social media profile. Distinguish between the different types of profiles like: personal, business, groups, event.
- Create, edit social media business profile information like: biography, images, URL, contact details, category.
- Understand social media actions like: post, comment, share, like, tag, hashtag.
- Create, edit, delete a post on a social media profile like: news, event, poll, offer.
4.Social Media Management
Social Media Management Services
- Understand the term social media management service and identify some common social media management services.
- Understand the term scheduled post. Schedule a post
Marketing And Promotion Activities
- Understand the term influencers. Recognise the importance of connecting with them.
- Understand the term targeted audience. Recognise the importance of optimising your content to suit them.
- Understand the term video marketing. Recognise its importance in online promotional campaigns.
- Understand the terms review, referral. Recognise their importance in promoting your business through social media.
- Understand the term URL shortener. Use a URL shortener to track links.
- Understand the term viral. Recognise its importance in a promotional campaign and elements that may contribute to success like: humour, originality, resonance with audience, generating a discussion.
- Recognise good practice in creating engaging social media content like: post regularly, post relevant content, research relevant blogs and companies, post competitions, use images and videos.
Engagement, Lead Generation And Sales
- Outline good practice in social media marketing like: timely and appropriate response to comments/complaints, take certain enquiries offline
- Set up notifications on a social media profile to alert when the profile has been mentioned or a comment has been added to the profile.
- Understand the term call to action and identify common examples like: get a quote, sign up, buy now, download app. Recognise its importance in generating leads through social media platforms.
5. Social Media Management
- Identify some common examples of search engine marketing (SEM) platforms.
- Identify some common examples of online advertising platforms.
- Understand different types of online advertisement like: floating, pop-up, video, image, banner, text.
- Understand the term sponsored post. Recognise its importance in increasing interaction and engagement on social media.
- Identify some common examples of e-mail marketing platforms.
- Create an account in an e-mail marketing application.
- Create, edit, delete a contact list in an e-mail marketing application.
- Create a campaign, select a template in an e-mail marketing application
- Send, schedule an email in an e-mail marketing application
- Understand the terms opt-in, opt-out.
- Outline some reasons to use mobile marketing like: access to more customers, targeting customers based on location.
- Understand the term mobile application. Understand how mobile applications can be used like: promoting a business/service, offering services, generating sales.
- Outline some considerations for a mobile marketing campaign like: creating a mobile-friendly website, tailoring keywords for mobile, tailor your ads for mobile
- Understand options for mobile advertising like: video ads, search ads, display ads, social media ads, application ads.
- Understand the term analytics. Recognise the importance of analysing performance of a digital marketing campaign.
- Create an account in an analytics tool.
- Set up an analytics report for a campaign: website, social media, e-mail marketing, advertising. Export a report as a .csv file.
- Schedule an analytics report e-mail: website, social media, e-mail marketing, advertising.
- Understand the term split testing. Recognise its importance in measuring the success of campaigns like: e-mail marketing, online advertising.
- Understand the term web traffic and the importance of attracting quality web traffic.
- Understand common analytics terms like: unique visitors, impressions, clicks, bounce rate, conversion rate, click through rate (CTR), tracking code, referrals.
- Identify some common website analytics tools.
Social Media Insights
- Understand the term social media insights. Recognise the importance of analysing the influence of your marketing activities on social media platforms.
- Understand social media insights terms like: engagement, reach, mentions, trends, inbound links.
- Identify some common social media insights tools.
E-Mail Marketing And Online Advertising Analytics
- Understand common e-mail analytics terms like: open rate, click rate, bounce rate, unsubscribe, total subscribers.
- Understand common online advertising analytics terms like: pay per click (PPC), cost per thousand (CPM), cost per acquisition (CPA) and cost per conversion (CPC).
SkillsPortal.sg Recommended Book
Digital Marketing Strategy: An Integrated Approach to Online Marketing
Effectively select, align and manage digital channels and operations using this second edition of the bestselling guide, Digital Marketing Strategy. This accessible, step-by-step framework enables the planning, integration, and measurement of each digital platform and technique, all tailored to achieve overarching business objectives.
Ranging from social media, SEO, content marketing, and user experience, to customer loyalty, automation, and personalization, this edition features cutting edge updates on marketing automation, messaging and email, online and offline integration, the power of technologies such as AI, plus new data protection and privacy strategies. Accompanied by downloadable templates and resources, Digital Marketing Strategy is an ideal road map for any marketer to streamline a digital marketing strategy for measurable, optimized results. Online resources include practical implementation guides spanning SEO, paid search, email, lead generation and more, as well as group activities, which will be regularly updated to equip readers as digital marketing continues to evolve.
Click on the image below to buy on Amazon (open to a new window/tab)
MCES: Singaporean age 40 and above
Normal: Singaporean/PR age 21 and above
SME: Singapore registered companies with
(i) at least 30% local sharing AND
(ii) group annual sales less than or equal to $100 million OR group employment size less than or equal to 200 people.