Level 1 - Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Awareness
Who is suitable for this course?
- These learners will have an interest in gaining the knowledge to work safely within the automotive retail industry as it continues to see an increase in electric and hybrid vehicles entering the workplace.
- It is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the knowledge of safe working practices, the dangers surrounding them, and the precautions required to avoid potential injury when near electric and hybrid vehicles.
- This qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which, in addition to complementing their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable learners to continue to work safely within their roles.
- These roles can include but are not exclusive to non-technical roles such as
● Sales and aftersales advisor
● Parts advisors
● Event staff
● Vehicle recovery personnel
● Vehicle dismantlers
● Vehicle damage assessors
● Electric/Hybrid vehicle drivers
What are the requirements for taking this course?
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification and learners are not expected to have any prior knowledge or experience, however, an interest in the subject area is advisable.
What will the learner study as part of this course?
The content of this qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge required to work safely around electric and hybrid vehicles.
It contains one mandatory unit covering:
● The types of electric and hybrid vehicles available
● Hazards associated with motor vehicle high energy electrical systems
● Working safely around electric and hybrid vehicles including charging.
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge of working safely around, but not maintaining electric and hybrid vehicles.
Which subjects will complement this course?
- This course will help support progression onto qualifications that further develop their knowledge of either working safely in emergency or recovery situations or within a technical role carrying out routine servicing and maintenance activities on electric and hybrid vehicles.
● Level 2 Award in Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Hazard Management for Emergency and Recovery Personnel
● Level 2 Award in Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities
Training Dates Available:
Training Venue: Carros Centre
Duration: 9 hours of physical class
$350 (not SkillsFuture Claimable)
- Optional additional $150 if want the IMI(UK) Institute of Motor Industry Certificate